Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Christmas gift for a friend

 
This is a Christmas gift for a friend. I am using a Entrelac 5 stitch
repeat and 10 1/2 wooden knitting needles. I am using Loops and
 Threads Charisma in Dragonfly. I got it on sale at Michaels for
$3.00 a skein. The scarf is longer now, about 32 inches, and I have
 used one skein so far. I ended up using 3 1/2 skeins so for less than 12.00
I had a scarf and matching end.

It's about 48 inches now, and I have used 2 skeins of yarn, just starting on the 3 skien, I want to make it a bit longer. I want to make a hat for it too,but will have to make it up as I go, no pattern.

Updated 4-17-1 16
I ended up making it 58 inches long. I used about 2 1/2 skeins. I started on the hat, using a 4 entrelac stitch, not sure what I am going to do,  but will work until it fits around the head. I have
some solid colored yarn in a hunter green to use with it.

updated 5-16-16
 Below is the hat.  I made it long enough to fit around the hat, then sewed the ends together. Then I picked up stitches around the top of the hat, and knit them long enough to fit over the very top of head. Closed it. I used a single crochet around the bottom of hat, then did a back
wards crochet stitch around it. I made the top and bottom of hat in a
hunter green.


No comments:

Lace Stitch Knitting Sampler New Lace Stitch 23

  Lace Stitch Knitting Sampler This project will be  one more stitche for it, 24 stitches in total, sorry it's taken me so long to get t...