Sunday, April 30, 2017

Review: Peaches and Scream

Peaches and Scream Peaches and Scream by Susan Furlong
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this cozy murder mystery. I read the first chapter and become a fan of Susan Furlong.

Her descriptive writing style with it down home feeling will pull you right into the story.

"Heading down the road out of town plunged me into the orchard area, where the sullenness of the weathered town stood in shape contrast to the peach trees, standing row on row, like study soldiers, their green uniforms shining in the Georgia sun, holding guard over this community. Even the late August sun couldn't extinguish the bristling green of the leaves, whispering their welcome to me in the light breeze."

Susan has developed such a warm and wonderful town along with lovable characters, you will not be able to put the book down. But it also has nasty characters to. I didn't know til the end "who done it"

This is the first in the series, the next two being Rest In Peach and War and Peach. All three come with recipes. I want to read them all.

View all my reviews

No comments:

April 2022 Pattern of the Month Crochet Lily of the Valley Doily

  At My House April 2022 Pattern of the Month Crochet Lily of the Valley Doily Pattern Materials Required: AMERICAN THREAD COMPANY ...